14 March 2017

Why I Wear Makeup


Hello It's 2 Peas In A Pod Blog Here,




Evening everyone it is Jade here. Today I am going to discuss something that is quite important to me. I feel like girls who wear makeup are targeted with the same brush. I have a feeling this blog post is going to be quite long, so grab a cup of tea and a biscuit and tuck into my new blog post.

Recently I have had a few comments thrown towards me regarding my make up. I am a lover of makeup and I really enjoy collecting and applying makeup. That is just who I am. So when I was told and I quote 'You only wear makeup to hide your insecurities' and 'You are clearly wearing all that slap to hide something on your face that you do not like' and 'You're so pale and different when you wear makeup' I was quite hurt and shocked that someone would actually say that to me. I am not going to name the person/people or their genders for the sake of less negativity and arguments. This is because I respect that others may have a different opinion than what I have. I am basically sharing my story because it gave me a great idea for a blog post.

So back to the story, I was very angry that those comments had been said to my face. I genuinely thought someone wouldn't be that vile and cruel to say that. Let's get this straight I personally don't wear makeup to hide my insecurities and features on my face. I wear makeup to college and work because I enjoy applying my makeup and it's so much fun in the morning. Now, I don't wear makeup every day to college and work. That's because if I don't feel like applying it in the morning because I'm either too lazy or not feeling makeup today then I won't wear makeup that day. During secondary school, I never wore makeup because I valued sleep a bit more. I also was not that much into makeup. Many people would say I only wear makeup to impress someone. Well, that is not true because you shouldn't wear makeup to impress someone. You should wear makeup because you enjoy it.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I wear make up for myself. I don't wear makeup for a guy, I don't wear makeup for anyone but me. I find it really fascinating that I can make my face look slightly different with makeup. I enjoy that but I mostly enjoy doing my makeup because its creative and I consider myself as quite creative. To anyone who is reading this and might wear makeup because the don't like something on their face, a mole or a scar etc. Please don't hide behind makeup, embrace your differences. If we all looked the same then we would be pretty boring. You are beautiful the way you are and don't let anyone tell you any different. Wear makeup because it's a fun thing to do, don't feel like you have to hide behind your makeup. I hope you see makeup as a good thing and that you are confident enough to go out without makeup. I challenge you to go a day at college/school or day to day life without wearing makeup. It will do you the wonders of good. Embrace your skin and your natural face. I don't wear makeup every day at college. I rarely wear it on a Monday, because I hate Mondays haha!

Another thing I would like to address is negative comments. As I mentioned earlier the idea from this blog post spiraled from negative comments said to me. I brushed them off. It made me think, though, a few years ago that would have really hurt me and I would have thought it over and over again in my head. I am actually really proud of myself that I turned that negative comment into something good. I turned it into a blog post idea and I really hope this blog post has given you the confidence to go a day without makeup. Can I just say, though, I am not trying to say don't wear makeup to let everyone see the natural you. I am trying to make you reading this see how amazing you are.  I embrace my spots and moles on my face. That is because it makes me unique and it is a part of who I am.

I think I am going to stop here as I feel like I am rambling and repeating myself. haha. The main aim of this blog post is self-love. Love and embrace your skin. Don't wear makeup to impress others and because others do. Makeup is fun and don't forget that! Enough from me, I hope you have had a lovely day. Yesterday I went to go see Olly Murs live in concert! I don't want to spoil too much as there will be a blog post on it very soon! Stay tuned.

Thank You for reading our blog.

Please Share The Pea Pod Love,

Thank You,

Jade Xx

Coconut Lane Discount Code: peas20
Where To Find Us: 

Click The Usernames For Direct Links 
Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 
Twitter:   Dewey_bear

Lydia:
Twitter:  Lydia_Greyhound 


Instagram:   LYDIA_GREYHOUND

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS