23 March 2015

Crufts 2015

Hello 2 Peas In A Pod Blog Here,

It's Jade here and I am so excited for you to read today's blog post. As you would have already guessed by the blog title it will be about Crufts 2015. If you didn't know already but crufts is the largest dog show in Europe. It has a lot of variety there, they do dog showing, dog agility, obedience, fly ball and much more! Not to mention the hundreds of stalls they have selling anything and everything you could possibly think of that is to do with dogs. Crufts is held every year for a time period of 4 days and each day has different kind of breeds there eg: working dogs, hounds and toy dogs. I went on the Saturday which was the Hounds and Terrier day as that's the group I am most interested in (Hounds).I had such a great time and really enjoyed watching the greyhound showing, as you will already know I am completely in love with Greyhounds. 

 
Here are some pictures I took of some of the Greyhounds in the showing ring. ( Sorry about the bad quality, I forgot to take my camera). I learnt that the stance that the handlers put the dogs into is called 'Stack'. 


The top picture is of the YKC (Young Kennel Club) ring where it was more about the handling than the breed. The bottom left picture is of a collie with their handler doing obedience which I was really amazed at how well trained the dog was, it could even do commands 15 feet away from the handler. Then the bottom right picture is of the booths the dogs get whilst they are being groomed ready for the show ring. 


We also visited the discover dogs section which had LOTS of pedigree dogs some that were so rare that there was only 100+ in the world. Going to the discover dogs was really enjoyable because I got to see many pedigrees that I had never seen before. Also it was a good way to put a name to a dog that you have seen before but not knowing the name. Also going to this made me absolutely fall in love with the dog breed  'Australian Shepherd' I always thought they were just a beautiful colour of a border collie. (Bottom right).


Here is another picture of the Australian Shepherd but in a different colour. They were so laid back and well behaved it was great to see. 

I hope you have enjoyed this blog post. It's different to what we usually do so I hope you all enjoyed a change. Overall I really enjoyed Crufts, I definitely would love to go again. The showing opened my eyes to see what a showing greyhound looks like different to a racing greyhound. I can't wait until summer to go dog showing myself. I also really want an Australian Shepherd when I'm older. 

Did any of you guys go to Crufts this year? 

Also a massive thank you for helping us reach 1,600 views. It means so much and if you're not already feel free to follow us on bloglovin which our button is at the top of our blog. 

Please share the pea pod love ! 

Thank you !! 

Jade Xx

AKA: 2 Peas In A Pod Blog

Where to find us : 

Joint Accounts: 
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog 
Email for any inquiries: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 
Twitter: Dewey_bear 
Instagram: THE_PERKS_OF_BEING_JADE 

Stephanie: 
Twitter: stephforch
Instagram: STEPHFORCHY







No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS