28 April 2016

Nars 'All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation' First Impression

Hello Its 2 Peas In A Pod Blog Here,


Hello everyone and welcome to today's blog post. As you guys know this week is the week where we do our joint blog post. However it's Jade writing this blogpost as it's a review. So I guess it still can be classed as a joint blog post but it's a foundation Jade bought and it's Jade reviewing it. 

So let's talk Nars. I've never purchased anything from the brand Nars before, so I was super excited when I went into Space NK and saw the counter. I asked the kind lady to match my skin and I was told I was Mont Blanc which I have to admit it suited my skin and was a perfect match. So the beautician asked me what I liked my foundation to look like. So I said I liked a matte finish and a natural look. 




So I was recommended the weightless luminous foundation, so I sampled it on my face in the store and it looked lovely. It made my skin look flawless so I purchased it straight away. The next day I couldn't wait to put it on my face. Firstly I was shocked at how watery it was, it is a water based foundation. I've never used a water based foundation before so I was a little shocked.  I used my real techniques expert face brush and blended it onto my face. It was quite hard to blend in as it dried on my face quickly.

It also showed my brush lines on my skin and they weren't disappearing and not blending very well, you guys know how much I swear by my real techniques expert face brush. It's amazing. However I thought maybe it's not the right brush for this foundation.  So I ordered a real techniques beauty blender and when I got that I tried that with the foundation and I must say it did blend better so that is the solution to that problem. 




I was told this foundation is very good for oily skin, I have bad oily skin and I'm forever cleansing it and using new products etc. Throughout the day the foundation started to wear off. On the packaging it says it lasts for a long time. All I did was shopping and I doubt I broke a sweat doing that. So where my cheek bones are the foundation had completely worn off and it was my natural skin left. It literally had gone patchy and was showing all my acne.  All around my nose there was no foundation left it had completely worn off. Within a space of 4-5 hours. 




So I went online to see what other customers were saying about the foundation and they were saying it clings to your dry patches. So I'm guessing that's where I have dry patches, I never knew about them. As no other foundation has done that before. It's been doing that for a while. I'm really dissapointed with how the quality of the foundation is. I paid £32.00 for it so I would class it as a high end product, to then get results like that I think you can say I am dissapointed. 

However, I really would like to be able to give it another try. So I've been moisturising my face a bit more often so hopefully I will be able to solve the problem. So I'm going to keep ontop of moisturising my face and hopefully the foundation will last longer. I really do hope it works as I know if I have the right skin the foundation will look lovely on me. I will report back to you in a months time with my results. Maybe we will find out that my skin just doesn't suit water based foundation, in the future I want to try some other products from the brand Nars as they look so luxurious. I might even give the sheer glow foundation a try as I've heard that's good. 




Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, I hope you have enjoyed it. If you have tried this foundation and are experiencing the same problems definitely try and moisturise more and let me know how it works out for you. Have a lovely day and keep smiling.


Please Share The Pea Pod Love,

Thank You,

Jade & Lydia Xx

Where To Find Us:

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 
Twitter: Dewey_bear
Instagram: THE_PERKS_OF_BEING_JADE

Lydia:
Twitter: Lydia_Greyhound
Instagram: LYDIA_GREYHOUND

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS