2 May 2016

A Weekend Away In York

Hello It's 2 Peas In A Pod Blog Here, 



Hello everyone and welcome to our blog, today's blog post will be by Jade and I will be talking about my recent trip to York for my birthday. Before going to York this time I'd only been once and it was only a stop off for lunch. So I was super excited to go for the weekend. We stayed in the York Mannor which is about 8 miles from York city centre.


Firstly I fell in love with how vintage the buildings were. They were like very oldy worldy and close together, how cute? These pictures were taken whilst going down the York Shambles, which is about 2 streets of independent shops and a small market of unique items for sale. 


These are some of the historical buildings, the building on the green grassy hill is the York Castle which was a nice monument to see. The formation of the buildings were so cool. 



On Sunday morning we went for a lovely morning stroll down the river bank and it was great weather and everything was so peaceful and calm I loved it. The swans were swimming and eating their bread. It was lovely.

Then on Sunday afternoon we went for afternoon tea at Betty's which is the famous tea rooms. We queued for ages but it was worth it. 


We each ordered a sandwich each I ordered a ham sandwich in brown seeded bread. They tasted nice but very expensive for what they were. All they were was a piece of bread with plastic ham inside !! However I guess it's the experience and you can say you have been there. 



Then for dessert my Mum and Nan ordered a puff pastry heart filled with fresh cream and strawberries. It looked lovely. I ordered this white chocolate and passion fruit cake. It was lovely. I also couldn't resist buying 6 macaroons on the way out to take home. After that we went shopping and I bought some new make up and some great clothes for my holiday. I really enjoyed my time and I would definitely recommend going there as it so nice and peaceful. I could fully relax.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. Have you ever been to York? Its definitely lovely and I would love to visit again sometime.



Please Share The Pea Pod Love,

Thank You,

Jade Xx

Where To Find Us:

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 
Twitter: Dewey_bear
Instagram: THE_PERKS_OF_BEING_JADE

Lydia:
Twitter: Lydia_Greyhound
Instagram: LYDIA_GREYHOUND





No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS