24 January 2019

Learning To Love Yourself


Learning To Love Yourself


In a world full of negativity and hateful comments, it can often be quite hard to take a step back and appreciate yourself. However, I feel it is most important to love yourself and understand that sometimes you have to put your life before others. Now, I'm not saying throw your friend under bus or anything, but what I'm trying to say is sometimes allow you to be your main priority.

You shouldn't compare yourself to others. Everyone is their own unique person and comparing your life to someone else's can be dangerous. Seeing people on social media or even in real life with their new handbag or "family" photos can be really disheartening. Looking at people who go to the gym everyday and still have an amazing social life, I sometimes feel deflated. Knowing that I never really find the time to go out with my friends due to other commitments and these 'amazing' people on social media get to do all of this. When in reality they only post what they want us to see, they paint this ideal world for us. Don't compare yourself to those, be who you want to be! Just because they go to the gym and hang with friends everyday does not mean that is the normal thing to do. When in fact there is no normal thing to do. If you want to lay in bed all day and watch Netflix then you do that!

Post what you want to post on social media, don't try to fit within a certain theme. Yes, I agree it is quite nice to see a beuatiful flat-lay, but leave that to the professionals. Don't let your Instagram theme bog you down, if you want to post a picture, then you post that picture! Just because a picture of you in your pyjamas doesn't fit within your food prep and beauty theme... so what? We won't judge!

Another important way to love yourself is to dress how you would like to. I see so much in the media lately about the way girls dress. I can't actually believe a judge in America had the audacity to say this girl was raped because of her lace underwear, apparently wearing that sort of pants is asking for it! Wow, just wow. No, wear what you want to wear! If you'd like to wear your bikini on the beach...then do so! Don't feel like you have to dress for those around you! I certainly don't, some say wearing a skirt is dressing up now, well guess what I'm wearing a skirt because I want to.

The reason why I am highlighting this subject is because, I am fed up with seeing girls around me not allowing themselves to be true online and offline because of society around them. It may be a mixture of insecurity and society but please do not feel pressured to be a certain way because a famous person does or its the trend to do so. I get that not everyone likes to stand out from the crowd, stay below the radar. If there is one thing that you do in 2019, please make it a priority to love yourself.

Thank You,

Jade 

Where To Find Us: 
Click The Usernames For Direct Links 

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 

Lydia:
Instagram:   LYDIA_GREYHOUND

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post. Ward Thomas have some brilliant songs on their new album about social media taking over. not sure if its your kinda thing, but they are lyrically beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments Abbie! I will defiantly check their album out, I will Youtube it now! thanks x

      Delete

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS