20 November 2018

Status: Updated




Almost everyone is on social media, whether that's Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat or even all of them. Both Jade and I are on all of the above. As sad as it sounds, I don't go a day without being on one of the forms of social media. Every morning I go on snapchat to keep the 'streaks' with people, it's just habit that I wake up and go on my phone to make sure the 'streaks' stay.

There are so many different social medias out there, and now-a-days people are obsessed with them, me included. Nearly everyone has a smart phone so they can access their Facebook or instagram etc at any time of the day, one of the worst things to see on social media is seeing the skinny and beautiful women that are considered 'perfect'. These women are all stereotypically skinny and beautiful so people who don't look like that tend to try and change them selves so they can also become 'perfect'.


Carrying on with the whole being 'perfect' thing, I think most teenage girls have doubts in their mind, I even do myself. I think "there is no way I will ever be that perfect and pretty", but you have to think that most of them have been edited and aren't true to life and have probably been set up, to make them look 'perfect' online.

Filters for pictures are great, but I keep noticing more and more people using them a lot more. Some people can't take a picture without using filters, all their pictures on there social media accounts have a filter on. I do tend to use filters, as like most people I think they make me better, either they make me look slimmer, make my skin look clearer and all round prettier. I try not to use them, but I feel if I don't I look terrible. It's annoying that filters are around, we use them so regularly that we don't look like ourselves because it so heavily edited, but, unfortunately thats how society expects us to be now.



I personally try to show myself on all my social medias as who I am, other than using snapchat filter! Some people pretend to be people that they aren't at all. I think that you should just be yourself, there's nothing better than being true to everyone and yourself, and no point pretending to be someone you're not, you should be confident with who you are and be proud of it.

I use a lot of social media, which I would love to cut down on especially as most of it is just the 'perfect' girls that I can't not compare myself to. But, because I'm on it so much its hard to cut down! I do love social media though, as it means I can stay in contact with friends and family and see what they get up to! What's you're favourite thing about social media?

Thank You,

Lydia 

Where To Find Us: 

Click The Usernames For Direct Links 

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 

Lydia:

Instagram:   LYDIA_GREYHOUND

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS