13 November 2018

The Boys Of Our Generation





Warning: Sensitive Content


It's so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of romance and the idea of love, to actually take a step back and see what's happening around you. Lydia and I have had our fair share of chatting to boys. This is the majority of the time in a friendly manner. And seeing and hearing what they have to say has literally made me disgusted. So, I have decided to write my thoughts on the subject as I am appalled by some's behaviour.

So I have a few experiences I'd like to share with you and I will not be beating around the bush. So, if you are offended by sensitive content then I recommend you stop reading the blog post. I was torn whether I should explain the scenario and leave out the harsh comments or just say the truth. Which I believe I have chosen the right one by telling the truth, if boys sit there and think it's acceptable to send it to a female, then I am sure it is acceptable to post it on our blog.

Firstly, we have the story which I like to call, The Coward.


One evening I was minding my own business until a message popped up on my Instagram. Intrigued, I opened it up and it was a Lad the same age as me. It was a simple, Hey. Being the friendly person I am, I replied back with Hello. After the normal chit-chat, he asked me "What's the cheekiest thing you've done?", I knew straight away he wanted to know personal information etc. Which at this point alarm bells rung as I did not know the guy from Adam and he was wanting to know personal information. I replied back 'None of your business' and he continued to pester me, with comments like 'You're boring' or 'You're frigid'... I am lucky in that sense that when I truly believe in something I am not afraid to speak up. I messaged him this 'I am afraid I'm not going to stand there and let you treat a girl like this. Your behaviour is disgusting and I think you should really think about the way you talk to girls. If you thought to come in at me like that would impress me, your sadly mistaken. Also, if you think I am going to tell a complete stranger my personal life, again your mistaken. Stop treating girls ill-mannered and piss off'.

The next story is short but sweet.. well bittersweet story!

This guy on facebook sent me a private messaged. I opened it up and it said 4 glorious words. "Show us your tits". Fantastic. I don't need to say anymore. I think this story speaks for itself. Other than that individual must be lonely, sad and a low life. I did not reply to that comment. I blocked him instead.



My final story is the one I like to call, Busted!


This guy added me on Snapchat and sent me a message, it was of his torso and the band of his boxers, show off the Calvin Kleins. That I'm sure after knowing his personality, he owns one pair and uses them for his pictures. Anyway, I basically send snaps back with my Pug Unicorn pyjamas. The guy continuously asked me for explicit photos. I continued to decline. After a few attempts, I sent him this back 'Please stop asking me to send you explicit photos. I do not know you very well and it is something I agree with personally'. After that, I told Lydia about the guy.

To which we discovered something. Just a few hours before he was speaking to Lydia inappropriately as well! Lydia told him that the only pictures he would on get Snapchat were pictures of her dogs, which he blocked her straight away. Which we both found weird he kept asking me. So I had a plan. I got the guy to follow me on Instagram so he would see pictures of Lydia on there. I asked him if he recognised anyone on there and he said no should he? At this point, I am so disgusted that he is actually pretending to not recognise Lydia. I told him did he recognise my friend Lydia? he again lied and said no didn't know a Lydia. So, I sent him this 'I think you're lying or you speak to that many girls asking for nudes that you can't remember Lydia. I'll remind you, you spoke to her today asking her for photos like you did me? I assume you do that to most girls, I am afraid your speaking to the wrong girl, I have self-respect and don't go around sending pictures to random guys! You need to grow up and have some respect towards women and try to keep it in your pants!'... I am not surprised he blocked me straight after without a reply. Also blocked me on Instagram!


After experiencing these situations, I felt the need to write this blog post. Not to be like all boys are like this bad blah blah! I am writing to enlighten all the women out there to stand up for what you believe in. I do trust in the fact that there are women that will willingly send explicit photos to strangers, but that is not something I would do. I have self-respect and I assume there are girls out there who aren't strong enough to say no. Which I'm not highlighting that everyone is their own person. But please if you are ever in an uncomfortable situation like any of these, please say NO or speak to a trusted friend who can encourage you to do the right thing. You should never let boys treat you like this and expect you to do their every word.


Thank You,

Jade 

Where To Find Us: 
Click The Usernames For Direct Links 

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 

Lydia:
Instagram:   LYDIA_GREYHOUND

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS