9 November 2016

A Weekend Away In Ireland #2

Hello It's 2 Peas In A Pod Blog Here,


Hello everyone and welcome back to our blog! Today's blog post is by Jade so welcome everyone. So if you've been a long term reader of our blog you will know that every year around November time I go for a weekend trip to Ireland. I normally go for the weekend. I did the same this year and I enjoyed it so much that I thought I'd share some pictures with you again like I did last year. I know I say it all the time but honestly Ireland is my favourite place in the whole world. I just love it so much, it's very chilled and relaxed and that is what I love about it. Oh and not to forget the amazing accents. 

So we drove down on Friday to stanstead airport and stayed at the hotel next to the airport. This way we don't have to get up super early for check in. We checked in and made our way to the duty free. It was all so tempting seeing all the luxurious perfumes and make up.... Urghh I want them all. However I only took hand held luggage with me so that means I can only take it ms that are under 100ml of liquid. So expensive perfume etc would of been convestcated off of me in Ireland when I was flying back home. 

When we boarded the plane in England it was raining so it was nice when we landed in Ireland and it as sunny and warm. 


Once we landed in Ireland we got a taxi from the airport and went to our hotel. We stayed at the central exchequer, it was very central indeed. We had the 2 main shopping areas beside the hotel. Please forgive me with the names but I'm going say they were Grafton street and I can't remember the other one but it's over the bridge where penny's is. Anyway we went to O Neil's for our full Irish breakfast and it was very filling. After that we went shopping. We went in loads of shops but funnily enough nothing actually took my fancy and I didn't buy anything. 


One thing that I'd like to mention is the Brown Thomas shop's Christmas window displays. Brown Thomas is the Irish version of Harrods in London. All the luxurious brands are available to buy from there. However, the window displays are so Christmasy and so much effort has gone into them I thought it was worth a mention. 



So after our tiring walk around Dublin we went to an Irish pub and had a drink. It's very traditional to drink Guinness, so of course my grandad had to have a pint. 


In the evening we went for a meal and met up with our Irish friends and family who we haven't seen in a long time. It was so nice to catch up. We had a 3 course mean and it was delicious! After that we went to another pub and drank and chatted. We then got a taxi back to the hotel. Getting a taxi was with great difficulty, we had gone the same weekend that Ireland and Canada played against each other at rugby in the Aviva stadium so all the taxis were booked and the pubs and streets were heaving with rugby fans. I believe that Ireland wood so they were all in high spirits. 

When we got back to the hotel we sat in the library bar with a few drinks and chatted with our Irish friends and family. At 3:30 am I decided to call it a night and head to bed I was so tired. In the morning we went down to breakfast and then headed to the airport in the afternoon. 


In the airport duty free I bought a new M.A.C lipstick in the shade 'Whirl' and I got some more of my current favourite foundation which is the Estée Lauder double wear foundation in the shade 'Ecru'. We sat next to the Candian rugby team and we got chatting to them. They were lovely lads and I was surprised on how much effort and time they put in. They landed in Ireland on the Saturday and then played rugby in the afternoon at the Aviva stadium and then Sunday morning they were getting a plane back to London which they caught another plane at 2pm to Canada. I can imagine they are all tired after all that traveling, hats off to them!! 

After all the excitement I was very exhausted after the weekend and I was ready to crash in my bed and fall asleep. Mind you I did stay up and watch I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, which is really good by the way. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my adventures in Ireland, I know I enjoyed going there. What's your favourite place in the world ? I've mentioned that mine is Ireland so what's yours? Leave your comment down below or tweet us on Twitter. Thanks for all the support and love. Keep on smiling 💖


Please Share The Pea Pod Love,

Thank You,

Jade Xx

Coconut Lane Discount Code: peas20

Where To Find Us: 

Click The Usernames For Direct Links 

Blog Accounts:
Twitter: 2peasinapodblog
Email: twopeasinapodblog@gmail.com

Jade: 
Twitter:   Dewey_bear

Lydia:
Instagram:   LYDIA_GREYHOUND



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS